Redwood salmon macarons with wasabi creme
Ingredients for macarons
Pinch of salt
188 g icing sugar
188 g almond flour
188 g refined sugar
140 g egg white
Try these quantities!
Preparations for macarons
1) Do not finely grind the icing sugar and ground almonds in the mixer for longer than 20 seconds. Grinding these for any longer will cause the nut fat to melt and the mixture to become lumpy. Sieve with a fi ne sieve, ideally two or three times. Now add half of the egg white and a knife tip of food colouring.
2) Beat the remaining egg white and salt until fluffy. Gradually add the sugar very slowly and beat the egg white until it is so stiff that you are able to hold the bowl upside-down without it falling out.
3) Now slowly fold the egg mix into the icing sugar and almond mix to form a thick and shiny mixture.
4) Add the mix to a piping bag with a large nozzle and squirt circles onto a sheet of baking paper. Leave 5 cm of space between each. Bang the baking tray on a fi rm surface a couple of times to remove any excess air. Now leave the macarons to dry for 1–2 hours (ideally at room temperature with light ventilation). Place all the baking trays in the oven at the same time and bake at 140 °C (convection oven) for approx. 15 minutes.
5) Leave the macarons to cool after baking.
Ingredients for the filling
200 g redwood salmon
1 tsp wasabi paste
200 g crème fraîche
Pinch of salt
For the wasabi creme, finely chop the dill and mix with the crème fraîche, salt and wasabi paste. Season with salt and lime juice.