Hotel Manager (f/m/d)
MEININGER Hotel Heidelberg
The Hotel Manager will be responsible for all aspects of hotel operations aligned to MEININGER vision & values. The role will be responsible for the day-to-day staff management, owner / stakeholder management and guest relations.
The first MEININGER Hotel in the student city Heidelberg will offer 331 beds in 100 rooms on 5 floors. The old town and center is fast and easily accessible due to the walking friendly location close to central station and the excellent public transport connections. Within immediate proximity is the new district Bahnstadt with its numerous shopping possibilities.
MEININGER is a unique Hotel product in different European cities, which combines the service and comfort of a budget hotel with an extraordinary interior such as a guest kitchen or a game zone. People of every age and origin are amazed by the central location, qualitative high-grade interior and fair prices. Thanks to our highly motivated team and a down-to-earth and living atmosphere, the MEININGER Hotels feel like a real home.
- You manage hotel operations and lead the team to create memorable experience for MEININGER guests
- You coordinate activities across hotel departments (Front Office, F&B, Maintenance) as well as outsourced services (Housekeeping) to ensure smooth and efficient hotel operations
- You initiate and implement activities to drive guest satisfaction
- You bring new employees on board and create engaging and productive work environment for the team
- You maintain and constantly improve quality standards at the hotel
- You are in charge of budgeting and cost control for the hotel
- You work closely with other departments (Sales, Marketing, Revenue, Finance) as well as Regional Manager
- You have gained at least 3 years of management experience in the hotel industry in Germany and possess deep knowledge of the (budget) hotel market
- You are passionate about leading a team and possess superb relationship and stakeholder management skills
- You perceive change as a chance to develop personally as well as professionally
- You are ready to challenge the status quo and bring your team along to achieve more together
- You are committed, solution-oriented and show entrepreneurial thinking
- You have excellent knowledge of front office systems (e.g. Sihot, ASSD, Fidelio)
- You possess excellent communication skills in German and English, any other languages being an advantage
What MEININGER Offers
- Fixed salary and benefits
- Enjoy an extra day off per year that you work with us on top of the standard vacation days per year
- Growth and development opportunities as part of a global expanding organisation
- Free nights and discount for friends & family at MEININGER hotels
There are many good reasons to join our MEININGER Team. We offer a professional work environment with creative leeway. Working with a dynamic team will offer you many chances for your personal development. We appreciate colleagues who can work independently and as part of a team, who can think out-of-the-box and who want to develop MEININGER with their own ideas and actions. If you are looking for a new challenge and want to be part of an international hotel chain, which is different from others, we would be happy to welcome you.
Let us know why you are the right candidate for the position. Please send us your application in English, including: CV, approximate salary expectation and potential starting date.
Contact person: Markus Pettinger - Regional Manager