Hotel Manager (f/m/d)
MEININGER Hotel Zurich
Are you ready for your next career challenge? We are looking to hire a Hotel Manager for our new hotel in Zürich! The MEININGER Hotel in Zürich will open in 2021 and will enrich the sustainable urban district Greencity with 174 rooms and 582 beds. The city center and its sights are only a few minutes away by S-Bahn. For guests travelling in Switzerland, Greencity is also an ideal stopover at the gateway to Central Switzerland – historically the origin of the country – with direct access to the motorway A3.
MEININGER is a unique Hotel product in different European cities, which combines the service and comfort of a budget hotel with an extraordinary interior such as a guest kitchen or a game zone. People of every age and origin are amazed by the central location, qualitative high-grade interior and fair prices. Thanks to our highly motivated team and a down-to-earth and living atmosphere, the MEININGER Hotels feel like a real home.
- You work closely with the Pre-Opening Team to ensure timely opening of the hotel
- You bring the team on board and create engaging and productive work environment
- You coordinate activities across hotel departments (Front Office, F&B, Maintenance) as well as outsourced services (Housekeeping) to ensure smooth and efficient hotel operations
- You initiate and implement activities to drive guest satisfaction
- You maintain and constantly improve quality standards at the hotel
- You are in charge of budgeting and cost control for the hotel
- You work closely with other departments (Sales, Marketing, Revenue, Finance) as well as Regional Manager
- You have gained at least 3 years of management experience in the ho(s)tel industry in Switzerland and possess deep knowledge of the (budget) hotel market
- You are passionate about leading a team and possess superb relationship and stakeholder management skills
- You perceive change as a chance to develop personally as well as professionally
- You are ready to challenge the status quo and bring your team along to achieve more together
- You are committed, solution-oriented and show entrepreneurial thinking
- You have excellent knowledge of front office systems (e.g. Sihot, ASSD, Fidelio)
- You possess excellent communication skills in German and English, any other languages being an advantage
WHAT MEININGER OFFERS
There are many good reasons to join our MEININGER Team. We offer a professional work environment with creative leeway. Working with a dynamic team will offer you many chances for your personal development. We appreciate colleagues who can work independently and as part of a team, who can think out-of-the-box and who want to develop MEININGER with their own ideas and actions. If you are looking for a new challenge and want to be part of an international hotel chain, which is different from others, we would be happy to welcome you.
- Fixed salary and benefits
- Enjoy an extra day off per year that you work with us on top of the standard vacation days per year
- Growth and development opportunities as part of a global expanding organisation
Let us know why you are the right candidate for the position. Please send us your application, including: CV, motivation letter, approximate salary expectation and potential starting date.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
Contact person: Eric van Dijk (Head of Hotel Operations)