This post is also available in: German
Fun Facts Brussels
What has Brussels to do with Brussels sprout? We reveal this with our fun facts!
- Brussels sprouts have been grown in Belgium for over 700 years.
- The Brussels’ International Airport is the world’s largest chocolate selling point.
- Europe’s oldest shopping arcades, the “Galeries St Hubert”, was opened in 1847 in Brussels.
- Brussels has 138 restaurants per square mile.
- The world’s deepest swimming pool, reaching 35 metres in depth, can be found in Brussels. It is a practice ground for scuba divers. Funny enough, it’s name is Nemo33.
- Many walls on houses in Brussels are covered with comic book references – so look up when you walk the city!
- Brussels has a fries museum! A fries museum!!!! Yay!
- The Atomium in Brussels forms the shape of a unit cell of an iron crystal magnified 165 billion times.
Sounds amazing? Then you should check out the city with us. Here you will find our hotels in Brussel